The Smith Family – Uncensored.
American Dad Vol. 7 UNCENSORED – Welcome to Langley Falls! Home of Stan (Seth MacFarlane) and Francine Smith (Wendy Schaal), the staunch Republican and politically incorrect family of Langley Falls, Virginia. Stan works for the CIA and Francine is a stay at home mother of two–Haley (Rachael MacFarlane), who is the complete opposite of her father–a peace loving, pot smoking liberal; and Steve (Scott Grimes) is well, another rather disappointment to his father. He’d rather geek out with his friends and be a sidekick to the alien member of the Smith home who goes by the name of Roger (also MacFarlane), the gender bending, role-player who saved Stan’s life at area 51, who’s been in the family ever since–and there is also a fish. Poor Klaus (Dee Bradley Baker) was a victim of a CIA experiment gone wrong.
What do these six have in common? They are all part of the most hilarious animated family on television. American Dad Vol 7 – Uncensored brings viewers the same hilarity–with all of the naughty bits thrown in. Honestly, after seven years on the air, I think that MacFarlane is bordering on the extreme: Stan reveals a certain “part” of himself that we never got to see before (episode School Lies) where he enrolls Steve in a private school just to get on the good side of a prestigious Senator. Along with breasts, and the liberal use of profanity, this season wasn’t afraid to to venture into the slightly riskier territory.
More than anything, American Dad has ventured into the animated sitcom territory; it has allowed Stan’s hippie daughter, Haley, to marry (again), and live in their home along with her equally liberal, hippie, and unfortunately idiot husband Jeff Fisher (Jeff Fisher). The character dynamics of this show varies between members of Stan’s own family and the non-human characters in his family; earlier I mentioned an obnoxious alien Roger, whose antics keep the Smith family on their toes. From his endless list of personalities and the stories he invents to explain his presence during the major events in US history–aside from the many antics he involves the family in, Roger is one of the most irreplaceable characters on the show.
Klaus Heissler (Dee Bradley Baker), former CIA operative, former Olympic skier. Klaus is the goldfish embodiment of his former self. The series benefits from this entourage of characters and even though it’s not a “kid friendly” series–you can always be certain that American Dad will deliver laughs, surprises, and abundant entertainment.
American Dad – Vol. 7 – UNCENSORED 3-disc set includes:
- 19 hilarious episodes including the 100th episode, where Hayley elopes with Jeff!
- The DVD special features include the I ♥ Patrick Stewart (a collection of scenes featuring Patrick Stewart’s character from the perspective of the cast and crew).
- American Dad! at ComicCon 2010 – the American Dad panel at the San Diego ComicCon. Series creator Seth MacFarlane is there and answering questions.
- A host of deleted scenes (approximately an additional 35 minutes worth of laughs).
- Audio commentary on select episodes on each disc.
- editor rating5
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- DVD Review: Bobs Burgers: Season One The Belchers. Bobs Burgers is an unique and quirky animated...
- Now On DVD: Season Two of The Cleveland Show There is a new family in the quiet town of...
- Sebastian’s Voodoo (2008) – Review About a voodoo doll saving his other 'doll' friends from...
- The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore – Review We are all may be familiar with Moonbot Studios fantastically...