Imagine being out horse back riding, what would be the first song you would want to hear? Don’t know yet? Well, I have the song just for you– Apache by Danger Beach. This animated music video illustrated and animated by Ned Wenlock who was inspired by the song. In the video, you see a steady ‘go round’ of visuals of an animated Apache Indian, playing a guitar, traveling the world — like the world, steady unfolding, weaving a story in a musical go round. Then, he is joined by a buffalo on a canoe, and a Yeti in the mountains. What you begin to notice here is the world changing. The method for travel continually changes as the world progress. Walking, canoeing, train riding, car-riding, then subway’ing.
What I enjoyed about his music video was not only the animation, but the eclectic music mix and contemporary sound itself–which was like “listening” to a story unfold. Excitingly brilliant mix of visuals–this animation has it all. But what we can learn from this is the loss of the natural world. Swallowed up, whole, as progression into a more innovative world that eventually leaves our little Apache…strumming solo…till the light goes out.
Enjoy “Apache” by Danger Beach on Dream Damage Records.
Directed by: Ned Wenlock
Character Animation: Rodney Selby
Music by: Danger Beach on Dream Damage Records
Image credit: Ned Wenlock
- editor rating5
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- DVD Review: DARK CIRCLES - 05/24/2013
- PUSSY RIOT: A PUNK PRAYER Coming Exclusively to HBO in June - 05/23/2013
- DVD Review: Pacino, Walken, Arkin in STAND UP GUYS - 05/21/2013
- Sebastian’s Voodoo (2008) – Review About a voodoo doll saving his other 'doll' friends from...
- ‘LUMI’ an Animated Film by Big Boom – Review Lumi an animated film by Big Boom - Lumi discovers...
- The Very Very Best of Crowded House – Review Crowded House's top hits and fan favorites gathered for 'The...
- SOLO (2002) – Review Animation of a lonely old man and the longing for...