Quantic Dream – (June 4, 2012) - Back in March 2012, Heavy Rain developer Quantic Dream at GDC 2012 debuted the brilliant, 7-minute short KARA, to demonstrate the new technology Sony will use to motivate its gaming fans back to the franchise. KARA demonstrated how ‘real-time’ performance captures facilitated Sony’s new generation game engine–with an emphasis on realism in game play; and at E3, David Cage took the stage and showed us exactly how the studio intends to use it.
Beyond: Two Souls bridged the gap between the ‘real world’ and video games–technology and motion in and epic demonstration of the game that gives more than a sequence of game play– that is more than thought-provoking, but an emotionally charged adventure. Gamers will play as “Jodie Holmes” (Ellen Page) who seems to have telekinetic powers–or something in-between her world and the next. From what we can gather; there is a mysterious presence around Jodie–her tale will be developed over a span of 15-years–and from what I can tell from the demo presented at E3–there is something more than just engaging random situations as they present themselves throughout gameplay, there seems to be something a bit more personal–more involved–between the game, and the person who wields the controls.
“In Beyond: Two Souls you will experience the most striking moments of Jodie’s life as your actions and decisions determine her fate. You’ll also be able to take full control of both Jodie and the entity in spectacular action and adventure scenes. And as Jodie traverses the globe, you will face incredible challenges in emotionally charged events never before seen in a video game.”
There weren’t any specific details on just how the game and mechanics would work, but something tells me that there is an intriguing story there, ready to unfold itself. I absolutely cannot wait for this amazing game; I haven’t been this excited about a PS3 game since Uncharted 3.
Source: Playstation Blog
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- Unleash CHAOS When ALYCE KILLS Comes to DVD August 20 - 06/19/2013
- DVD Review: NAILBITER - 06/18/2013
- Game Of Thrones: THE BEER Take the Black Stout - 06/17/2013
- Quantic Dream, debuts ‘KARA’ Short Film Exclusive to Sony, PS3, the 7-minute short is causing an...
- New Trailer: ‘Dishonored’ E3 Gameplay Released Bethesda Softworks – Arkane Studios (June 1, 2012) - You know, after...
- New Trailer: Bethesda’s DISHONORED Dishonored. Heck yes, I’m buying it. Bethesda, you are my...
- GRIMM ‘Island of Dreams’ – Review She’s baaaaaack! Spoilers! After a long absence, Adalind (Claire Coffee)...