LeapFrog Scout and Friends ‘The Magnificent Museum of Opposite Words (recommended for ages 2 – 5 years) is an early reading skills DVD complete with sing-along’s and learning adventures with everybody’s favorite LeapFrog puppy pal, Scout. Join Scout and his friends as they use their vocabulary skills in an adventure that explores many opposites such as “loud and quiet,” “fast and slow,” in addition to synonyms like “tall and towering,” and more! The Museum of Opposite Words is opening, and the pets, wrapping up a fund wordplay game, are eager to learn about words and their opposites.
The adventure begins when the friends arrive and see the Beaver Brothers need help finishing the exhibits, the friends put their word skills to work and unlock the exhibit clues just in time for the opening gala!
Your child will be immersed in a world of words! The DVD is designed to support your child’s word building skills and vocabulary development in a fun and amazing ways. Early vocabulary skills are a significant, though often underestimated learning skill. Early vocabulary skills are one of the earliest and strongest predictors of reading success.
Click an image to enlarge!
LeapFrog, an education innovator and leading developer of fun learning solutions for children, remains a favorite year after year, and the brand continues to grow.
LeapFrog’s Scout and Friends ‘Magnificent Museum of Opposite Words’ Special Features include:
- Sing-along’s which feature Scout and his friends Violet, Penny, Eli and their car Axel singing along with your child! Kids can follow along with the captions that are at the bottom of the screen, and learn the words to the wonderful world of words with songs I’m with you, Scout! Opposites Song, In Other Words and the Vocabulary Song.
- Sing with Us! The Band with songs Meg’s Pet and Kiss!
- Amazing curriculum commentary for parents: Meet Dr. Carolyn Jaynes the literacy curriculum designer for LeapFrog. The curriculum includes What are opposite words? Synonyms, Word Families and Word Building and Celebrating Vocabulary.
- ‘Being a Puppy’ The Scout song
- ‘A Surprise for Scout’ additional video!
- Additional LeapFrog DVD trailers!
Image source and DVD synopsis and educational information courtesy of LeapFrog’s Scout and Friends. All rights reserved.