Meet The NEW Munsters.
NBCs Mockingbird Lane (Pilot) is the newly rebooted version of the classic 60s comedy The Munsters. Mockingbird Lane will be a totally new television viewing experience–the one hour comedic drama with a darker edge and tone. With Jerry O’Connell (Stand By Me, Piranha 3D) as Herman Munster. Portia de Rossi, will star as Herman’s wife Lily, English stand-up comedian Eddie Izzard as “Grandpa,” Mason Cook (Spy Kids: All the Time in the World) as the boy who doesn’t know he’s a werewolf “Eddie,” and Charity Wakefield (The Raven) as the very human “Marilyn.” Just as in the original series The Munsters, the new family will also inhabit 1313 Mockingbird Lane, the site of a series of grisly hobo murders.
“This exciting new take on a memorable series will definitely blow out conventional wisdom and create its own legacy,” said Jennifer Salke, President, NBC Entertainment. “Teaming this new show with a terrifying episode of ‘Grimm’ makes the perfect pre-Halloween fright-fest.”
Click an image to enlarge
Debuting just before NBCs hit drama GRIMM, the one-hour premiere as a Halloween special comes with some risks. Aside from the visual appeal, there is this overwhelming concern that hasn’t convinced me that it will be worthy of a full one-hour premiere. However, the overall tone of the show just seems a bit overly awkward after watching the clip. It is far from the 1960s Munsters, and O’Connell doesn’t look at all like a Frankenstein–an incredibly handsome Frankenstein–even with the stitches. The other characters look amazing, and you can tell that there was a lot of development that went into each one.
I am wondering if the show will come off as an oddball comedy–or as an intensely campy drama considering that it will debut just before Grimm. Bryan Fuller (Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies) has a knack for twisting the underlying morbid premises of his shows with a hint of comedy, so there is some hope that he just may again succeed with this one. I’m content with the Mockingbird Lane premiere as an amuse bouche for a more robust and meaty feature–Grimm.
Might as well go with the flow.
Mockingbird Lane is from Living Dead Guy Productions, Bad Hat Harry Productions and Universal Television. Executive producers include Fuller, Singer and Sara Colleton (“Dexter”). Singer also directed the pilot.
Source NBCs Mockingbird Lane
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- Unleash CHAOS When ALYCE KILLS Comes to DVD August 20 - 06/19/2013
- DVD Review: NAILBITER - 06/18/2013
- Game Of Thrones: THE BEER Take the Black Stout - 06/17/2013
- GRIMM FULL SEASON Order, new Thursday night Time Slot Great news for fans of NBC’s newly imagined crime series...
- “Falling Skies” New Season Premiere’s June 2012! The wait is almost over! sci-fi series “Falling Skies” return...
- Catch-up on NBC’s GRIMM for the Holidays! As you all may or may not know–I am a...
- AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’ Renewed for Third Season The Walking Dead fan’s rejoiced when AMC announced that their favorite...