The best of Gwyneth Paltrow…
Just in time for Mother’s Day (May 13, 2012), Lionsgate brings together film collections from three of Hollywood’s most enchanting leading ladies with the release of Gwyneth Paltrow – 4 Film Collection includes Shakespeare in Love (1998); Emma (1996); Bounce (2000); and View from the Top (2003).
In Shakespeare in Love, a young Shakespeare endures a terrible case of writer’s block and is short on cash. Suddenly, he meets his ideal woman and is inspired to write one of the greatest plays known to mankind. The film is directed by John Madden and stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Joseph Fiennes, and Geoffrey Rush.
In the rural 1800s, a young matchmaker named Emma likes to meddle in the affairs of her friends. She has the bad habit of “connecting” people who are completely wrong for each other. She is confused about her own feelings and may or may not make the connections that she was hoping for. The film is directed by Douglas McGrath and stars Gwyneth Paltrow, James Cosmo, and Greta Scacchi.
In Bounce, a young man switched plane tickets with another man who died in a plane crash. Through faith, the man falls in love with the deceased man’s wife. This film is written and directed by Don Roos and stars Ben Affleck, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Natasha Henstridge.
Paltrow is ‘mile high’ in the fourth and final film View from the Top, where a small town woman tries to achieve her goal of becoming a flight attendant and do what she can to overcome any obstacle that gets in her way. From Paltrow’s Oscar® winning performance in Shakespeare in Love to her role as a airline stewardess in View from the Top, the winning 4-disc collection is bound to have a little something in it for everyone.
The Gwyneth Paltrow 4-Film Collection includes:
- Shakespeare in Love, 1998
- View From the Top, 2003
- Bounce, 2000
- Emma, 1996
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- ‘Love is Like Life…’ by Poppy de Villeneuve – Review A brief review of "Love is like life but longer,"...
- ‘LUMI’ an Animated Film by Big Boom – Review Lumi an animated film by Big Boom - Lumi discovers...
- Choosing the right film location for on-screen believability Location is one of the many important aspects of filming,...
- Reverie: A Short Film by Jaro Minne – Review Rêverie - A series of pleasant thoughts that distract one's...