They are not fairy tales, they are warnings.
Universal Studios Home Entertainment – Grimm (May 29, 2012) – You hear that? It’s me screaming like a fan-girl when I got the news about one of my favorite television series being available on DVD and Blu-Ray so I can watch each and every episode again, and again, and again, until my heart’s content! As you may know, I am a super-fan of the NBC Grimm series so much, that I have written a review of each and every episode of season one. There were a few ups and downs about how some of the events of the show unfolded: we still don’t know who or what Captain Renard (Sasha Roiz) is and whether of not Hank (Russell Hornsby) will finally be made aware of Nick’s (David Giuntoli) alter ego–I mean, the guy was just about to lose it! Guess season two will sort out matters, and I have every confidence that it will.
The NBC television show GRIMM is a based off the classic Grimm’s fairy tales, that have come to life like the tales have never before. The supernatural series is the brainchild form the producers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
Homicide detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli; Privileged, Grey’s Anatomy) discovers he is descended from a long line of criminal profilers known as “Grimms,” protectors who are charged with keeping the balance between humanity and the creatures of myth. With newly awoken abilities to detect the evil lurking among us, Nick struggles to keep his old life separate and safe as he becomes ever more entrenched in the ancient rivalries of the Grimm world.
The show also stars Russel Hornsby (Lincoln Heights, In Treatment), Silas Weir Mitchell (My Name is Earl), Bitsie Tulloch (The Artist), Reggie Lee (Prison Break, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End), and Sash Roiz (House, Caprica).
Discover what goes ‘bump’ in the night!
GRIMM, Season One will be available August 7, 2012 as a five-disc set in special limited edition packaging with exclusive Grimm collector cards. It features never-before-seen bonus material that takes fans deep into the world of “Grimm,” including an interactive creature guide, a “Making Monsters” featurette and much more. The Grimm: Season One on Blu-Ray™ also features perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound.
Blu-Ray™ and DVD Bonus Features Include:
- Deleted scenes
- Gag reel
- The World of Grimm: Get to know the characters and creatures that inhabit the world of Grimm and discover the inspiration behind the story-lines.
- Making Monsters: Go behind the scenes with Andy Clement and Barney Burman as they take viewers through the special make-up effects design and application process. The talented team from HIVE FX also shows fans how they give life to the monsters of Grimm.
- Grimm Guide: An interactive book that provides insight into the various creatures featured in the show and MORE!
Season 2 is forever away and it’s good to know that soon, we will be able to get our hands on an entire season of Grimm, just in time for Halloween!
Grimm, Season One on Blu-Ray™ and DVD featuring never-before-seen bonus content from Universal Studios Home Entertainment!
Source: Universal Home Entertainment and NBC Grimm
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- DVD Review: DARK CIRCLES - 05/24/2013
- PUSSY RIOT: A PUNK PRAYER Coming Exclusively to HBO in June - 05/23/2013
- DVD Review: Pacino, Walken, Arkin in STAND UP GUYS - 05/21/2013
- Catch-up on NBC’s GRIMM for the Holidays! As you all may or may not know–I am a...
- GRIMM FULL SEASON Order, new Thursday night Time Slot Great news for fans of NBC’s newly imagined crime series...
- NBC’s GRIMM Renewed For Second Season! As if there were any doubt… NBC has renewed fantasy...
- GRIMM ‘Bears will be bears’ – Review NBC’s GRIMM is a new drama series inspired by The Brother’s Grimm classic fairy tales. The series,...