Skyrim fans take note! The brilliant minds over at Bethesda revealed today an interesting new addition to Skyrim for the Xbox 360: voice commands for Kinect. Seeing as how many fans of the role playing/open world game can’t get enough of the dragon shouts, the company has decided to offer a free title update this month featuring 200 voice commands.
Also included in the Kinect support download are plenty more useful bonus features.
“In addition to Dragon Shouts, the Kinect for Xbox 360 integration offers voice commands throughout the game including Hotkey Equipping, Follower Commands, and all Menus (Items, Magic, Map, Barter, Container, Favorites, and Skills). With Voice Commands, quickly create and load saves during gameplay and access menus and inventories. Skyrim’s Kinect for Xbox 360 Support also adds new functionality including special map functions, additional hotkey options, and the ability to sort inventory items by name, weight, and value.”
When I first heard the news, I thought it was a fun gimmick. However, upon seeing the other commands and options that will be available to players, I now see it’s a very intricate and useful add-on! It covers a lot of ground in the game, and instead of using the standard buttons on the Xbox controller to access the item and map menus, you can voice them out–one more convenience for the modern gamer.
I am sure that many have already ‘shouted’ (as I have) at their 360 while playing Skyrim for one reason or another. Thanks to Bethesda, we now have a legit reason to do so.
This has been a long time coming.
Source: Bethesda Blog
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- DVD Review: Pacino, Walken, Arkin in STAND UP GUYS - 05/21/2013
- Blu-Ray Review: Steven Soderbergh’s SIDE EFFECTS - 05/21/2013
- Storyteller: HONESTY - 05/19/2013
- The Darkness II (360) – Review Dark. Brutal. Mystifying. The Darkness II is just one of...
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP) – Review Three friends, three destinies. Everything will link back to the...
- Quantic Dream, debuts ‘KARA’ Short Film Exclusive to Sony, PS3, the 7-minute short is causing an...
- An Interview With Will Ferrell Will Ferrell, writer, comedian, impressionist, and actor, got his start in comedy...