Star Trek Enterprise – CBS/Paramount – Great news for fans of Star Trek: Enterprise–the release date for the complete first season has been announced for March 26, 2013. The entire Blu-Ray™ 6-disc set will include all 25-episodes from the first season in addition to new special features. Specifically, a new documentary To Boldly Go: Launching Enterprise will give fans a peek at the series development, production, and is exclusive to the disc collection. To Boldly Go: Launching Enterprise will include:
- Part One: Countdown – Chronicles the challenges faced by the producers and creative staff as they attempt to launch a new chapter in the Star Trek® saga by making the then-radical decision to create a prequel to the beloved original series. Features all new interviews with key personnel including creators Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, production designer Herman Zimmerman, technical consultants Michael and Denise Okuda, writers Andre Bormanis, Phyllis Strong and more.
- Part Two: Boarding the NX-01 – Follows the team as they begin the casting process and production on the series 2-hour pilot Broken Bow. Features all-new interviews with key cast and crew including series pilot director James L. Conway and series leads Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer), Connor Trinneer (Trip Tucker), and Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed).
- Part Three: First Flight – Charts the course for the rest of the series’ first season including all-new interviews with key production and post-production personnel. The six-disc set also includes a candid conversation with the series’ creators, Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, offering a glimpse into their creative process. In addition, the Blu-ray features brand new commentaries on select episodes from the season, along with a host of previously released special features such as deleted scenes and outtakes.
- STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE recounts the adventures of the pioneers of space travel who ventured into the universe 100 years before James T. Kirk helmed the starship of the same name. Set in the 22nd century, ENTERPRISE takes place in an era when interstellar travel is still in its infancy. Captain Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) has assembled a crew of brave explorers to chart the galaxy on a revolutionary spacecraft: Enterprise NX-01. As the first human beings to venture into deep space, these men and women will experience the wonder and mystery of the final frontier as they seek out new life and new civilizations.
6-disc set boasts new special features including the multi-part documentary with new cast and crew interviews and an intimate conversation with the creators! The entire Blu-Ray Collection will retail for $130.00 US and $150 Canadian; approximate run-time 19 hours, 9 minutes.
Star Trek: Enterprise – Disc One episodes:
- Broken Bow
- Fight or Flight
- Strange New World
Disc One Special features: Audio commentary with co-creator/executive producer Brannon Braga, director James L. Conway, visual effects producer Dan Curry and cast members Connor Trinneer (Trip Tucker) and Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) on Broken Bow! Audio Commentary with Brannon Braga and Rick Berman on “Broken Bow.” Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on “Broken Bow.” Deleted Scenes from “Broken Bow” (SD). Deleted Scenes from “Fight or Flight” (SD). In Conversation: Rick Berman and Brannon Braga—NEW! (HD). Archival Mission Log: Creating Enterprise (SD). Archival Mission Log: O Captain! My Captain! A Profile of Scott Bakula (SD). Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 02 (SD). Cast Introduction—NEW (SD). Network Presentation—NEW (SD). Syndication Presentation—NEW (SD)
Disc Two Episodes:
- Terra Nova
- The Andorian Incident
- Breaking the Ice
Disc Two Special Features: Deleted Scene from “Unexpected” (SD). Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on “The Andorian Incident.” Archival Mission Log: Cast Impressions: Season 1 (SD). Archival Mission Log: Enterprise Secrets (SD).
Disc Three Episodes:
- Fortunate Son
- Cold Front
- Silent Enemy
- Dear Doctor
- Sleeping Dogs
- Shadows of P’Jem
- Shuttle-pod One
- Rouge Planet
- Vox Sola
- Fallen Hero
- Desert Crossing
- Two days and Two nights
- Showckwave, Part One
- Part 1: Countdown
- Part 2: Boarding the NX-01
- Part 3: First Flight
- Archival Mission Log: Celebrating Star Trek® (SD).
Look for it on Blu-Ray™ March 26, 2013
[easyazon-cta align="left" asin="B0019N95IK" height="42" key="amazon-us-tall-orange" locale="us" width="120"]
CBS Home Entertainment manages the worldwide DVD and Blu-ray businesses for the CBS Corporation across all lines of content including current hits and classic series from the vast CBS library, as well as new releases from Showtime Video. CBS Home Entertainment products are released on the CBS DVD and CBS Blu-ray labels. Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment, digital and television distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and distribution across worldwide digital and television distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.
**EDITOR’S NOTE: the finalized package art does not reflect any of the choices displayed in the fan survey.
Source CBS Home Entertainment/Paramount
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- Theatrical Release Dates Available for Martial Arts Thriller BRUSH WITH DANGER (2014) - 09/19/2014
- WHEN A DREAM IS NO LONGER A DREAM - 09/09/2014
- THE RIGHT KIND OF WRONG (2013) – Review - 08/07/2014