Mr. Peabody and his boy Sherman.
DreamWorks Animation™/PRNewswire – Glendale, Calif., (June 12, 2012) Popular satire comedian Stephen Colbert will be a voice cast member of Mr. Peabody and Sherman, DreamWorks Animation‘s spin on the iconic Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, created by Jay Ward. Mr. Peabody is the smartest thing on planet Earth, and Sherman is his “pet”; a role reversal of man’s best friend. When Sherman decides to use the time traveling machine without the consent of his superior, historical events turn upside down and the duo must now save time before space-time collapses.
Colbert will lend his voice to the character Paul Peterson, the foe of canine genius Mr. Peabody. This is one of the comedian’s few live appearances outside of his hit Comedy Central program, two of them being Bewitched and The Love Guru. However, when it comes to animation, Colbert has multiple notable roles, including the voice of Phil Ken Sebben of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law and Professor Richard Impossible of The Venture Bros.
“These incredible casting additions have elevated Mr. Peabody and Sherman to a new level of excitement and we are truly fortunate to work with so many talented actors,” said DreamWorks Animation Chief Creative Officer Bill Damaschke. “I’m certain that their collective passion and enthusiasm for the film will bring the classic characters of Mr. Peabody & Sherman to new life and thrill audiences of all ages when we open in November of next year.”
Allison Janney is cast as wife Paula Peterson, and Ariel Winter (Alex from Modern Family) as their mean-hearted daughter Penny Peterson. Winter has previous experience with voice acting, having roles in films such as the Disney Channel show Phineas and Ferb and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Her Modern Family co-star, Ty Burell, shall lend his voice to the lead role of Mr. Peabody. Max Charles shall voice Sherman, Peabody’s human boy accomplice. Charles is set to make his acting debut in The Amazing Spider-Man as young Peter Parker. Bridesmaids star Ellie Kemper and Californication’s Stephen Tobolowsky’s characters are currently unknown.
Mr. Peabody and Sherman also have star power in the form of its director, Rob Minkoff (Disney’s The Lion King). Alex Schwartz (Bridge to Terabithia) and Denise Cascino (Shrek the Third) will serve as producers of the film. Craig Wright (Six Feet Under) is the writer; Michael McCullers (Austin Powers in Goldmember) alongside providing revisions. Tiffany Ward (Bullwinkle Studios), Eric Ellenbogen (Classic Media) and Jason Clark stand as the executive producers.
Source: DreamWorks Animation
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- PUSSY RIOT: A PUNK PRAYER Coming Exclusively to HBO in June - 05/23/2013
- DVD Review: Pacino, Walken, Arkin in STAND UP GUYS - 05/21/2013
- Blu-Ray Review: Steven Soderbergh’s SIDE EFFECTS - 05/21/2013
- Guillermo Del Toro, Mark Gustafson to co-direct Del Toro’s ‘Pinocchio’ Jim Henson Company – Hollywood (May 10, 2012) – Guillermo...
- Skyrim to get ‘Voice Command’ Options for Kinect Skyrim fans take note! The brilliant minds over at Bethesda revealed today...
- ‘LUMI’ an Animated Film by Big Boom – Review Lumi an animated film by Big Boom - Lumi discovers...
- Cary Fukunaga to Adapt Stephen King ‘IT’ Into Two Films The Hollywood Reporter – (June 7, 2012) American director Cary...