2012 TCM Classic Film Fest honors actress KIM NOVAK in multi-tiered celebration of her extraordinary career, including a ceremonial dedication of her hands and feet in front of historic Grauman’s Chinese Theater.
In a rare public appearance, Novak, 79, will also be on hand to introduce a screening of Alfred Hitchcock’s suspenseful thriller classic Vertigo (1958), which features Novak in one of her most powerful and seductive roles as an actress. Vertigo also stars James Stewart as a private detective who becomes obsessed with a beautiful woman he is hired to follow (Novak).
Novak is being honored for her acting ability and film achievements–including her most recent awards; the Golden Bear, for lifetime achievement at the Berlin International Film Festival; the Eastman Kodak Archives Award in 2003 for her major contribution to film; and a special tribute from the American Cinematheque in Hollywood 2004.
“From thrillers like Hitchcock’s Vertigo, to romantic dramas such as Picnic, noirish classics like The Man with the Golden Arm, comedies such as Bell, Book and Candle and musicals like Pal Joey, Kim Novak has made us fall in love with her time and time again,” Osborne said. “Our celebration of Kim Novak and her career is certain to be one of the highlights of the 2012 TCM Classic Film Festival.”
Robert Osborne and Novak’s conversation will air on TCM next year as an original special, titled Kim Novak: Live from the TCM Classic Film Festival. Taping of the chat is on Friday, April 13th at The Avalon, a historic landmark, hosted the likes of Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis, Judy Garland, The Beatles, and many others. Novak, the no. 1 box office star in the world in 1956, walked away from her Hollywood career to devote herself to more introspective work as an artist and poet. One of her poems was made into a song and recorded by the Kingston Trio and Harry Belafonte.
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- Unleash CHAOS When ALYCE KILLS Comes to DVD August 20 - 06/19/2013
- DVD Review: NAILBITER - 06/18/2013
- Game Of Thrones: THE BEER Take the Black Stout - 06/17/2013
- TCM Spotlight: Marilyn Monroe Turner Classic Movies (TCM) has unveiled its list of favorite movie...
- TCM Spotlight: Director Nicholas Ray TCM Spotlight: This year marks the 100th anniversary of the...
- TCM Spotlight: Casablanca Oscar®-Winning Classic Casablanca Celebrates 70th Anniversary with Return to U.S....
- TCM Spotlight: Stanley Kubrick Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is set to make movie history this...