The Delightfully, Frightful Holiday Classic Makes Its Blu-ray 3D™ Debut
Tim Burton’s THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Available For The First Time To Own In Spectacular 3D Presentation, TODAY!
“Jack Skellington, after being exhausted of his role as the Pumpkin King, goes out one night, only to find the fantastically cheerful and loving village of Christmas Town. After seeing how different Christmas Town is, Jack feels as if his horrible and wretched Halloween Town need a bit of a change. Acquiring the help of the three most mischievous trick-or-treaters, he plans to kidnap “Sandy Claws” to take over the job of giving presents to all the children around the world on Christmas Eve, all by himself. However, his plan goes bad when the evil Oogie Boogie shows up, capturing Santa and ruining Christmas!” – AIDY
More astonishing and spectacular than ever before, Academy Award® nominated writer/producer Tim Burton’s overwhelmingly favorite The Nightmare Before Christmas becomes available for the first time ever to own on Disney Blu-ray 3D™ and/or 3D Movie Download, on August 30, 2011. Leaping off the screen and into living rooms this holiday season, the all-new 3D presentation of The Nightmare Before Christmas will be available as a 3-Disc Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray™, DVD/Digital Copy hybrid) and/or a 3D Movie Download,* providing fans and families alike with several great ways to enjoy the film.
The Nightmare Before Christmas is produced by Academy Award® nominated writer and producer Tim Burton (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride) and Denise DiNovi (Edward Scissorhands, James and the Giant Peach), directed by Henry Selick (Coraline, James and the Giant Peach) and written by Michael McDowell (Beetle Juice, Thinner) and Caroline Thompson (Corpse Bride, The Addams Family). And the spectacular characters are voiced by the talents of Chris Sarandon (The Princess Bride, Fright Night) as Jack Skellington’s speaking voice, Danny Elfman (Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) as Jack Skellington’s singing voice and Catherine O-Hara (Home Alone, Best In Show) as Sally, to name a few.
Revel in the new The Nightmare Before Christmas – 3D BONUS Features
- A special intro by Tim Burton
- What’s This? Jack’s Haunted Mansion Holiday Tour – Viewers choose the way they want to tour Disneyland’s Holiday Haunted Mansion. “On Track” explores a tricked-out version of the Haunted Mansion, while “Off Track” reveals what went into creating all the creepy fun.
- Frankenweenie Short Film– A un-cut version of the Frankenweenie short with introduction by Tim Burton.
- Vincent - Short film
- Tim Burton’s Original poem narrated by Christopher Lee – Tim Burton’s poem that inspired the creation of the movie. Now, the original verse comes to creepy life as performed by legendary actor Christopher Lee.
- Film Commentary – commentary by producer and writer Tim Burton, director Henry Selick and composer Danny Elfman.
- The Making of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas - Go behind the scenes of the very first full-length stop motion animated movie with the filmmakers.
- The Worlds of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas – Witness the creation of the film’s richly imagined dreamscapes, including Halloween Town, Christmas Town and the Real World.
- Deleted Scenes
- Storyboard to Film Comparison
- Original Theatrical Trailers and Posters
Street Date: August 30, 2011
Release Format: 3-Disc Blu-ray 3D Super Set (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD/Digital Copy hybrid) and 3D Movie Download
Suggested Retail Price: Blu-ray 3D $49.99 U.S./ $56.99 Canada; 3D Movie Download $25.00 U.S.
Feature Run Time: 76 minutes
Rated: PG (U.S.); PG (Canada)
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray – 1080p HD/ Widescreen (1:85.1 and 1:66:1); DVD – Widescreen (1:66.1)
Audio: Blu-ray – English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital; DVD – English 5.1 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: Blu-ray – English SDH, French and Spanish (applies to film content only) DVD – English SDH and French (applies to film content only)
For more information, please visit www.disney.com