What dafuq, Bill?
True Blood, Sunset – Tonight’s episode has caused me to come to an impasse concerning this season of True Blood. Between Bill’s annoying ass cultist rampage to that really random scene between Nora and Eric (though it is relieving she saw things his way), to Lilith’s apparition making the Authority turn on each other–enthusiasm to continue to reviewing the show is on the decline.
While there are some perks to this latest episode like Pam sticking up for Tara when Rosalyn came to arrest the one responsible for killing Elijah, or the fairies having a brief moment of bravery for desiring to stand up to Russell (only to have that fail), this season as a whole could be summed up as a very rushed and disappointing mess. The cons outweigh the positives. What was with the Fairy Elder dancing when she spoke? You know True Blood doesn’t have to be serious all the time–I enjoy humor now and then in a predominately dark program, but was it important enough to add to the script?
Another ridiculous side plot emerging within the show’s universe is Maurella possibly being pregnant with Andy’s child. Are the writers watching Maury for pointers with storytelling? Then Lafayette wasn’t nearly as involved as I thought he’d be this season, nor was Jesus’ spirit–huge letdown. The special effects for the show also seem a little cheesy compared to previous seasons (i.e. Lilith’s bloody you know), and it seems the production staff wanted to include sudden, violent outbursts in an effort to hold the interest of the audience: mission unsuccessful.
Alcide returns after a short absence, but not even he could generate that much of a positive response from myself. There is only a handful of good characters remaining in the show’s current plot arc, and it may be time for HBO to go back to the drawing board for season six, and rethink exactly where they want to go next season.
*throw hands up*
Source: HBO True Blood
- editor rating2
Latest posts by AIDY (see all)
- Unleash CHAOS When ALYCE KILLS Comes to DVD August 20 - 06/19/2013
- DVD Review: NAILBITER - 06/18/2013
- Game Of Thrones: THE BEER Take the Black Stout - 06/17/2013
- True Blood ‘Gone, Gone, Gone’ – Review Hoyt’s gone. Godric’s gone. Gone, Gone, Gone. True Blood ‘Gone,...
- True Blood ‘In The Beginning’ – Review Russell’s back. What did you expect? True Blood, Season 5:...
- True Blood ‘Everybody Wants To Rule The World’ – Review I ain’t Whoopi in ‘Ghost’! True Blood ‘Everybody Wants To Rule...
- True Blood ‘Authority Always Wins’ – Review She is not at all good with this. True Blood Authority Always Wins (June 17,...