Maybe the two will meet?
Juanjo Giménez short film TIMECODE (2016) joins the Oscars® 2017 list for live-action short of the year, in addition to being nominated for the Spanish Oscars and the European Academy Awards. Giménez’s beautiful short features have been making its mark in the film world, winning a multitude of film festivals, including the Palme d’Or for the Best Short Film at the well-respected Festival de Cannes. Not only has this award winning film been nominated for Best Short Film at the Goya Awards (the Spanish Academy Awards), it has been shortlisted, along with nine other films for the Academy Awards.
Luna and Diego are the parking lot security guards. Diego does the night shift, and Luna works by day.
TIMECODE (2016) stars Nicolas Ricchini stars as Diego, and Lali Ayguadé as Luna. Both are dancer’s and choreographers’ and has worked with various companies all over the world. The music for this award winning film was created by composer Iván Céster, the Cinematography by Pere Pueyo and co-produced by Daniel Villanueva and Arturo Méndiz.
Director: Juanjo Giménez
Writer(s): Pere Altimira, Juanjo Giménez
Stars: Lali Ayguadé, Pep Domenech, Vicente Gil
Runtime: 15 minutes
The Academy also announced these “live-action” shorts in contention, listed by title, along with their production company:
· Bon Voyage, Marc Wilkins, director, and Joël Jent, producer (Dschoint Ventschr Film production)
· Ennemis Intérieurs, Sélim Azzazi, director (Qualia Films)
· Graffiti, Lluis Quilez, director (Participant Media, Euphoria Productions and Ainur Films)
· La Femme et le TGV, Timo von Gunten, director (arbel gmbh)
· Nocturne in Black, Jimmy Keyrouz, director (Columbia University)
· The Rifle, the Jackal, the Wolf and the Boy, Oualid Mouaness, director (Tricycle Logic)
· Silent Nights, Aske Bang, director, and Kim Magnusson, producer (M & M Productions)
· Sing (Mindenki), Kristof Deák, director (Meteor Filmstudio)
· Timecode, Juanjo Giménez, director (Nadir Films)
· The Way of Tea (Les Frémissements du Thé), Marc Fouchard, director, and Matthieu Devillers, producer (Existenz, BlackBox and P904)
Art and supplementary materials courtesy ©2016 of Juanjo Giménez and Nadir Films. All rights are reserved.